This classic Aussie recipe now has a mouth-watering free-from version! Each box of Well & Good Caramel Slice Mix contains a gluten free biscuit base, caramel mix for a rich middle layer, and chocolate for the topping. It's vegan-friendly and free from gluten, wheat, soy and egg.
Present this plant based dessert at your next party and watch your friends and guests delight as they enjoy a decadent bite of this dairy-free caramel slice. Vegan friendly, this mix is ideal for those eating a plant based diet for personal reasons and also suitable for those eating a dairy free diet because of dairy intolerance or dairy allergy.
Well & Good mixes are all about food inclusivity, with recipes that will make everyone feel welcome at your table.
Included in box:
- 200g Biscuit Base Mix
- 75g Choc Buttons
- 40g Caramel Mix
Other ingredients not included:
- 80g Dairy Free Butter or Margarine
- 500g Coconut Milk (not cream)
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Light Oil
Recipe suggestion: For darker colour and richer flavour, try 75g Golden Syrup and 25g Treacle.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C fan forced. Grease and line 20cm square baking tray.
Step One: Biscuit Base
- Add dairy free butter or margarine and the biscuit mix sachet to a medium bowl; use your hands and mix ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- Press the dough to fit evenly across the base of the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, allowing it to cool in the tin.
Step Two: The Caramel
- Place the coconut milk, golden syrup and caramel mix sachet in a large saucepan and bring to a boil while whisking. Continue to simmer rapidly for 14 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- After 14 minutes, pour the caramel mixture onto the cooked biscuit mix; smooth the top with a spatula; leave aside at room temperature to set, approx 20 minutes.
- Start the topping when the caramel is firm enough that the choc will sit on top.
Step Three: The Choc Topping
- Place choc buttons and light oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, take out and stir, repeat this step until the mix is all melted and smooth.
- Pour choc mixture over the top of the caramel and spread evenly.
- Store in the refrigerator. When set, eat it... Eat it all!
Gluten Free Flour Blend (Corn Starch, Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch), 23% Compound Choc Chips (Sugar, Vegetable Fat, Cocoa Powder, Emulsifiers (Sunflower Lecithin)), Vegetable Fibre, Dextrose Sugar, Natural Flavour, Salt, Mono and diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Xanthan Gum, Baking Powder, Turmeric.
The chocolate used in this product is produced on an allergen free line in a facility that also processes products that contain peanuts, tree nuts and dairy.
Servings per pack: 16
Serving Size: 70g*
| Per 100g (dry mix)
| Per 100g*
|Fat - Total